“The conductor must be more than a musician; The deep magical aspect of conducting…is the mystery of relationships. The conductor is a kind of sculptor whose element is time instead of marble…[therein lies] the power to communicate”
— Leonard Bernstein*
David conducted his first Broadway musical at age 19. Since then, he has worked with 1000’s of performers and speakers to help them orchestrate their performances. David has 187+ stage events and more than a dozen studio projects to his credit. He is a sought after national teacher and clinician. He has coached performances in 49 states and 17 foreign countries.
With 40 years experience, David can coach both the presenter and the presentation for maximum impact…every time!
“David is great with people who have a destination and need guidance and leadership to walk the journey.”
Guest Services Specialist
AirHop Vacation Rentals
David Hastings — The Conductor
- Speaker and Entertainer
- Speaking Coach
- Writer and Producer
- Life Coach
- Project Management
David’s Work with Clients — The Magic
- Speech development
- Persuasive speaking
- Sales presentations
- Speaker Credibility
- Strategic project planning
- design, video, audio
- marketing, environments
- conventions, trade shows
David’s Presentation Topics — The Communicator
- David and His 88 Friends: A One-Man Show
- 90 mins of pure entertainment
- What your business can learn from one week in the theatre
- Using “crunch week” techniques to finish off a project
- Lead Like a Jazz Musician
- A live rehearsal with real musicians becomes the template for quick progress on your most creative projects
- I Wanna Be a Producer!
- project design that shows the best of your company
- Vocal Pedagogy and BioMechanical Singing
- Using body mechanics to solve the most recalcitrant vocal problems
- The Art of the Story
- Using “The Big 5” for maximum impact every time.
- Quadraphonic Creativity
- Using the magic of surround sound as a model for your creative planning
Some of David’s Favorite Projects
- The Dreamer European Producer (de Doelen Grote Zaal, Rotterdam, Holland)
- Student Law Project Oregon State Champions, Content and Delivery coach
- Guest Clinician, Gospel Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
- Simon Zealotes in Jesus Christ Superstar (Ashland, Oregon)
- Fair on the Square Project Manager, Commuity Resource Fair (Portland, Oregon)
- TEDxMtHood Speaker Concierge and Stage Manager (Portland, OR)
- Capitol City Spectacular Orchestra, Conductor (Salem, Oregon)
- Good Life Project Camp Seminar Presenter (New York, New York)
Do you want to be an audience favorite?
*Leonard Bernstein. The Joy Of Music. Chapter 8, The Art of Conducting.